Getting a side by side double stroller is definitely the favorite option for those moms and dads interested in getting the best double stroller for their money. It is strollers like these, after all, that tend to be able to maneuver much better than others, and they can turn much tighter. They also grant you the ability to get to your children with more ease than your typical stroller model where you ride in tandem.
One concern that fathers and mothers do tend to have with these is how wide they are, so you’ll definitely want to check on how wide your house’s doors happen to be so that the side by side double stroller you end up buying is able to fit through them. Having said that, when you’re actually out using it, it doesn’t tend to be any harder to move around since they usually tend to be the same width or less than that of a wheelchair. In reality, the width doesn’t tend to be much greater than the tandem model versions.
Not sure if this is going to be a good model for your family’s needs? You should take a look at our best double umbrella stroller review instead.
Here’s a video that also does a good job of comparing different kinds of models:
Our Chart Comparison for the Best Side by Side Double Stroller This Year
Underneath you’ll see a chart that compares the best side of side strollers that you can choose from. All you have to do is compare the different factors based on which you value the most. Weight capacity listed is for each individual seat.
|Stroller||Image||Weighs||Max Weight||From Birth?||Price||Rating|
* All of these strollers are able to be used from birth if you’re using a car seat for infants.
Choosing the Best Side by Side Double Stroller – A How to Guide
When you’re considering purchasing the best side by side stroller for your needs there are a few things to keep in mind.
- What sort of weight limit does the stroller have? You’ll want to estimate what sort of weight your kids will be for the life of the stroller, and then check that the stroller you’re purchasing can hold the weight.
- Is this stroller within your budget? Don’t waste your time looking at a stroller that you won’t be able to buy. Look at the comparison chart for each double stroller to get an idea about how expensive it’ll be to go with one that is under your budget.
- What is the width of the double stroller? As we said previously, make sure you purchase one that won’t get stuck at the front door!
- Does this have every feature you want it to have? Is bigger storage space more important, or do you really need a cup holder? Make notes about what you want in a stroller so that you aren’t forgetting something when you decide on one.
- What is the weight and size of the stroller? Some of the double strollers end up weighing a lot and can be rather large. Make sure that the one you choose weighs something you’re okay picking up to put in your car’s trunk, and make sure it can fit!
- Looking to use this stroller right when the baby is born? If you are then make sure you find one that is safe to use with a newborn, or one that you can attach the infant friendly car seat to. In the event of twins make sure that both of the seats on your choice can be fully set to recline, or that you can put 2 infant car seats on it.
Review of the Top 4 Side by Side Double Strollers
Listed among its great features are all-terrain, non-flat tires that have a great suspension to allow for your walks to be very smooth. It comes with a handlebar that you can adjust. This stroller also boasts a patented quick fold technology that allows it to be put away very easily. You are also able to attach 1 or 2 car seats for infants as needed to the stroller, which means it is a wonderful option if you’re having twins.
The seats on this stroller recline to an almost completely flat positioning, and they come with sun canopies that can be adjusted. It also has padding that is very comfy for your babies. Taller seat backs are also a feature of this stroller, and there are longer foot wells for any kids that happen to be tall.
Read more about the Baby Jogger City Mini GT Double Stroller here.
Some of the best features it boasts are handles where you can adjust the height, an aluminum frame that is very light, and an infinite seat recline. You can use this straight from birth, and it works well for twins.
Featuring a wonderful suspension system and tires that are all terrain, the Britax B-Agile Double Stroller is a solid option if you ever need to go off the beaten path. This stroller comes with a five point safety harness and head pads, folds up decently small, and it comes with a large basket as well.
Read more about the Britax B-Agile Double Stroller here.
Among some of its better features are the tough wheels and great suspension system, which make it a great fit for jogging and terrain that is a bit rougher. Easy to maneuver, this stroller can also be folded away easily, and can have an infant car seat fit in it.
It comes with seats that boast an easy one-handed recline which can be set to be completely upright as well. These seats are well padded and come with a five point safety harness. Because it has an extra large storage basket, the BOB Revolution Flex Duallie Stroller has tons of storage space.
There are also adjustable handles on the Flex, and they can go about two inches higher than older models, which taller mothers and fathers are really enjoying.
Read more about the BOB 2016 Revolution Flex Duallie Stroller here.
Featuring an individual four position recline and adjustable leg support, this stroller also has a compact umbrella style fold as well as carry handles. It comes with storage right under the seats as well. The stroller works well for babies from six months of age up to about forty pounds.
This Chicco Echo Twin Stroller ships with the common five point safety harnesses and padded seating. It maneuvers wonderfully, and the dual front wheels boast locking swivels and a solid suspension system.
Read more about the BChicco Echo Twin Stroller here.