The Infant Optix DXR 5 is truly a gift to mothers, particularly first-time mothers
What Is The Infant Optics DXR-5?
The Optics DXR 5 is, to put it simply, a baby monitoring device, but one that while simple to use is packed full of features. These features allow mothers and fathers a great peace of mind, particularly those with newborn babies.
Its simplicity is in its very easy to set up plug and play nature. Unlike a number of other home-based wireless technology devices, there is no complicated setup process and absolutely no need for someone to install this for you. It is instead a very intuitive piece of technology not unlike its brother the DXR-8 that does what it says on the installation instructions. Simply plug it In and it works straight out of the box. This gives it a great convenience in that anyone can use this.
What Are The Features Of The Infant Optics DXR 5?
The system is packed full of features that any parent will find invaluable, though I will point out right from the get go that this isn’t a movement monitor for your baby. Below we list some of the most used features, along with how they are a benefit to you in helping you monitor and look after your babies welfare. When you first open and unpack the Infant Optics DXR five you will see that there are only 3 main components and that there are no wires that needed to be connected anywhere.
I have listed these in order of system set up so that you can see the individual points to look into.
1) The system is what it says on the box that it is. Firstly, the camera comes with a stand so that you can mount the camera to it. The stand has double-sided tape attachment so that once you have the position you want the camera to face, you can use the adhesive tabs to settle it down onto a stand or anywhere else convenient. This simple inclusion makes sure that the camera cannot be knocked over, or fall. You never want to look up to see a blank screen because the camera has been knocked to the floor. Attach the power connector to the camera and plug the other end into a wall socket.
There is a rechargeable ion battery that needs to be placed in the camera’s receiver that is the part that allows you to see what the camera is showing. The battery is fully recharged able and allows you to use the receiver as a handheld unit. Slide the baby camera onto the stand and position so that you can see the babies cot clearly on the receiver. You have now basically set the complete system up.
If you found that as easy as it should be to set up, you will fall in love with the way that you can reverse the setup process, pack the system up and take it with the baby for when you need to have out and visit other family members or friends. Simply take the system with you and when at your destination unpack and set up the system again. This is great for when the baby is sleeping as you can have them sleep in another room while still keeping an open eye on them.
2) The system comes with a clever wireless digital link (2.4GHs) that will allow your system complete privacy, meaning that someone with the same brand and model cannot use another device to be able to log into your the network that you are using. this gives you complete privacy. The other benefit of this feature is that you can now take your monitor into the lounge room, or downstairs depending on your house, and the monitor will clearly display what is occurring in the crib.
This wireless link works up to 150 feet in the house (so not really long range), or other structures (Walls and other building materials can have an effect on the distance that you can receive the signal but 150 for residential use in normal). If you use the system outdoors then it will work up to 800 feet away from the camera, which is a similar distance to long range devices.
3) The system comes with a night light feature. No matter how dark it may be in the babies room, you will still be able to gain a very clear picture of them due to the night lights allowing you to see in the dark. The night vision mode activates automatically as the light becomes lower which adjusts itself to darkening conditions automatically. There is no need for you to do anything to activate this. If you wake up in the middle of the night you will still have clarity on the baby monitor.
4) Apart from the other great features, the Infant Optics DXR 5 includes a voice activation mode. When there is complete silence in your babies room the system will enter a sleep mode after a period of silence. This feature is to minimize the power requirements and give your handheld receivers battery a rest by reducing the power that it needs to run. This means a longer battery life span for you. The system will reactivate or wake up as soon as noise is detected in the room. This is a feature that can be turned on and off depending on how comfortable you are using this.
5) If one camera is not enough for you there is an inbuilt option that if you pr=urchase other units, you can have them linked together on your private frequency or network giving you even more control. You can expand your single camera system up to one that has a maximum of 4 cameras. Like most technology, the ability to scale in size, while possibly not required gives you the opportunity for future options.
I hope that the above gives you a good overview of how beneficial this particular baby monitor is, and how valuable a new parent will find it when first home from the hospital with the baby. The system is very cost affordable, especially for the wide range of features that the system has and will become invaluable to any new parent.